Roof repairs are a necessary part of home maintenance. Shingles covering your roof will wear and tear over time, and eventually they will become damaged beyond repair. If you’re unsure how much it costs to repair roof shingles, here are some things you should know.
The cost to repair your roof depends on the size of the roof, how many times you’ve had it repaired, the roofing material on your home, the contractor you hire, the extent of the damage, and whether or not your insurance company will cover the repairs. There are other factors that can determine the cost of roof repairs, but the ones listed above will have the biggest effect on the cost to repair your roof.
Professional roof repairs can cost between $200-$2500 or more depending on the extent of the damage. Today, our team at Northkit Roofing will discuss what all factors come into play when determining the roof repair costs in New Jersey.
Average Roof Repair Cost
The national average to fix a leaky roof, repair broken shingles, or replace flashing is around $1000. However, the final roof repair cost can be influenced by the following factors:
Labor is a major factor in determining the cost of roof repairs. Depending on the size and complexity of your roof, it could take several hours to complete a repair. The labor cost is what the contractor charges for their time to repair the roof. If you have a complex repair, you can expect to pay more for labor costs.
Materials are another factor that can affect the total cost of repairing roof shingles. Most roofs are made up of 3-tab asphalt shingles in New Jersey, but there are many other options homeowners can go with, such as dimensional shingles or luxury shingles. Each material has its unique set of advantages and disadvantages, and the roofing material you have on your home will affect the cost of roof repairs.
Size Of The Roof
The size of your roof is also important when considering how much it will cost to complete repairs. In some cases, only a small portion of your roof may need to be repaired. When this happens, the cost to complete repairs can be significantly less. If your roof has sustained major damage, it will take more roofing material and time to repair, and this will end up costing you more.
If you want to get a fair quote for roof repairs, it is best to call a few local roofing contractors and get quotes from them. It is best to speak with multiple roofing companies before making a decision, and you can also compare prices online at sites like Angie’s List or HomeAdvisor. If you live in Essex, Passaic, Morris, or Bergen Counties in New Jersey, you can contact Northkit Roofing for a free and no-obligation quote!
Common Roof Repairs & How Much They Cost
If you notice any damage on your roof, it is best to call a professional roofing contractor for roof repairs right away. If you’re not having your roof inspected regularly, and making sure that repairs are completed quickly, you’ll eventually end up with a leaky roof that costs you money to repair over time.
The good news? Most roof repairs aren’t nearly as expensive as they used to be!
Here’s a breakdown of some common repairs and their costs:
- Damaged Shingles: Replacing damaged shingles is one of the most common reasons for roof repairs. Damaged or broken shingles on your roof can signal that your home is at risk of water damage. The cost of repairing shingles averages between $150 and $500, depending on the extent of the damage.
- Flashing Damage: If you want to repair your roof flashing, expect to spend between $200 and $500. If you are looking for a complete replacement of your flashing, it can cost up to $2,000.
- Roof Vent Damage: Roof vents may get damaged by leaves and other debris that has landed on your roof. These repairs typically cost between $75–$250, depending on the vent type and the extent of the damage.
- Sagging Roof: The cost to repair a sagging roof depends on the underlying cause of the sag and can range from $1,500 to $7,000 or more.
- Roof Leak: The cost of repairing a leaky roof ranges from $360 to $1,500. Roof leaks can cause major damage to your home if they are not repaired right away. If you notice any leaks in your home, you should contact a roofing contractor as quickly as possible.
- Roof Ridge Damage: The cost to repair a damaged roof ridge can cost between $200–$750, depending on the length of the ridge, whether or not it is metal or wood, and the extent of the damage.
- Holes: A hole in a roof can be an expensive problem. A small patchwork repair usually costs about $100, but larger holes requiring replacement materials can cost thousands of dollars.
Emergency Roof Repair Costs
Many homeowners do not realize that their roof has been damaged until there is an emergency. Without a roof inspection, there is no way for a homeowner to know the condition of their roof. Most roof problems can be prevented if they are caught early, but homeowners may need emergency roofing services at any time.
Wind and flying debris can cause leaks that need immediate repair. No one wants to see water entering their home during a storm, but when this happens it is important to fix the problem ASAP. The cost of emergency roof repair can be as little as $100 (for a quick fix), but it can typically be much more. Depending on the extent of the damage, it might be best to replace your roof entirely.
Is It Worth Repairing Asphalt Shingles?
When it comes to repairing your roof, you have a few options. You can replace the entire roof or repair only the damaged shingles. The decision of whether or not to repair asphalt shingles depends on the extent of damage and how much it will cost to replace them.
If your roof is in good shape, you may be able to simply replace the damaged shingles. This is a quick process and will not require any major structural changes. However, this may not be an option if the damage is severe.
If you have multiple areas on your roof that are damaged and need replacement, then a complete roof replacement may be cheaper in the long run.
Get Expert Advice Today
If you’re considering whether to repair your roof or replace it with a new one, you’ve probably thought about the cost of each option. However, the cost isn’t the only thing that should be considered when making this decision.
At Northkit Roofing, we can help you make the right decision for your home by providing expert advice. We’ll discuss the extent of damage, which option would be best, as well as how much it will cost to repair roof shingles. We will also give you our expert opinion about how long you can expect your existing shingles to last.
If your roof has been damaged and you need repairs quickly, give us a call at (973) 396-7416!