Since we tend to spend most of our time at home inside our actual houses, it is easy to forget about the exterior, and how important it really is. Your home’s exterior does so much more than provide curb appeal, it acts as a line of defense between the inside of your home in the harsh weather that we often get in Cedar Grove, New Jersey. That is why it is so important to make sure you are properly maintaining every aspect of your home’s exterior, especially your siding. In this article, we will dive into the importance of your siding, what options we offer for siding here at Northkit Roofing, how to determine which option is best for your home, and why Northkit Roofing is the best siding contractor servicing the Cedar Grove, New Jersey area.
How Important Is Your Siding?
Your siding plays a very important part in keeping your home protected from the outside elements. Think of your home as a medieval suit of armor. The helmet is the roof, which protects against any attacks that come from above, and your siding is similar to every other part of the suit. Your siding helps protect your home from attacks that come from any other direction, providing your home with full coverage from Mother Nature. Siding is used to protect your home from elements such as rain, snow, hail, wind, and any other inclement weather conditions. Without your siding, the interior walls that make up your home’s basic structure would be exposed to these elements, which can result in a lot of damage. Your siding also helps to insulate your home, keeping it warm during the cold winter months, and keeping the heat out while you are trying to stay cool during the summer. If that wasn’t enough, siding also helps to deter invasive insects and pests from entering your home!
What Siding Options Are Offered Through Northkit Roofing?
Here at NorthKit Roofing, we offer five different types of siding, so that you have many choices to choose from! The five main types of siding are vinyl siding, wooden siding, metal siding, fiber cement siding, and insulated siding. In this section, we will go into further detail on the options available to you and highlight some of the benefits of each.
- Vinyl Siding- vinyl siding is a very popular choice amongst residents in this area. Our vinyl siding available here at Northkit Roofing is made from high-quality materials, meaning it is extremely durable. It is also a very low maintenance material, meaning that you will only have to clean it once or twice a year and you will only need a power washer to do so. This is very enticing for most buyers, as maintaining wood siding is quite tedious. Vinyl siding also comes in a wide variety of colors and textures, Some of which even can mimic natural wooden siding, making them a very good all around siding.
- Wood Siding- For a very long time, wooden siding was all anyone would use on the exterior of their home. This siding has a natural sort of beauty to it, giving your home and authentic luck. If treated properly, wooden siding can last you a very long time as it is durable and once treated, very water-resistant. Wood siding can be stained or treated in many different ways to achieve the exact color and style you desire to complement your home’s general architecture.
- Metal Siding- Metal siding, for obvious reasons, is a very durable choice. Available in both steel and aluminum, this siding is very low maintenance and able to withstand most things life is able to throw at it. Metal siding is very efficient at holding up against strong winds, and works exceptionally well for keeping out pests and insects as other siding types such as wood can be damaged easily by a persistent rat or termite. Metal siding is available in a variety of different colors and styles to complement your home’s exterior.
- Fiber Cement Siding- Fiber cement siding is an excellent choice if you are looking for a very durable siding material that still has an aesthetic appeal to it. Fiber cement siding has the durability of cement, is fire resistant, works well at keeping wood-boring insects and pests out of your home, and is resistant to deterioration from things such as rock salt and the sun’s UV rays.
- Insulated Siding- Insulated siding is very similar in function to vinyl siding, however, it promotes energy efficiency in your home much better and the other siding options do. This siding has a special insulating layer of EPS otherwise known as expanded polystyrene foam. This siding also comes in a variety of colors and textures for your convenience.
Which Option Is Best For You?
If you are unsure which siding type you should choose for your home, think about what you value most. Will you want to prioritize aesthetic appeal over functionality, or does the look of the siding not matter as much as how long it will last and how durable it is? If you are someone who feels that you would prefer to have a siding material that focuses more on durability instead of visual appeal, fiber cement siding or metal siding may be your best bet. They are both extremely durable, though arguably not as aesthetically appealing as the other options. If however, you would like to prioritize your home’s curb appeal, then you may want to choose wooden siding or vinyl siding, as both options are very aesthetically pleasing, come with a wide variety of options, and do not sacrifice functionality, even though they may not last as long as the other options. If you are still not able to decide, then simply give Northkit Roofing a call, and we will be more than happy to help guide you through your decision-making process!
The Best Siding Contractor In Cedar Grove, New Jersey!
Many people may be surprised to hear that a company that only mentions roofing in their name also offers other services such as gutter maintenance and siding installation, but it’s true! Here at Northkit Roofing, we take just as much pride in care in our siding installation jobs as we do with our roofing jobs. We are constantly striving to make our client’s experience as stress-free and painless as possible. If you live in the Cedar Grove area and are looking to have work done on your home’s siding, give us a call and see exactly why we are the best siding contractor in the area!